Friday, March 20, 2009

Training Montana


My instructor and I have been working with my Clyde/QH cross, Montana. She is somewhere in the range of 7 to 8 years old and a PMU baby. More Clyde than QH. She has shown herself to be very smart, somewhat stubborn, and brave for the most part. I bought her for my hubby as a trail riding horse, and she is very good at that, but she also seems to have a talent for jumping. I experimented taking her to a couple of small mini-events in my area, as well as some intro dressage schooling shows last year. She did well at her stage of training, and I decided to see how far we could happily go. Happily being the operative word- I've spent too many years unhappily due to a bad trainer to waste my time and horse again. My intention is to diary our lessons and training here, and learn from our mistakes, and reflect on our aha moments. I haven't been doing so well at keeping up my handwritten diary, maybe this blog will motivate me to be more disciplined about it. Later when I have time, I'll post more about our backgrounds and our training up to this point.

No comments: