Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fab Filly

Wow. Gotta love the fillies. Karen and I watched the Preakness in the barn yesterday. What a race! While I was screaming at the TV for the filly to win, Karen was rooting for Mine That Bird. Alas, her heart was broken when the girl beat the crapola out the boys- another year without a Triple Crown. During the pre-race festivities, we just HAD to ride a thoroughbred and I have just the one to ride-Dancer! He was our victim, but not really. He loves to be ridden. I tacked him up in the jumping saddle and Karen jumped on him first. He loves her. She concentrated on suppling since he is stiff from being out of work for so long. He was very attentive and willing. Then the call to the post, and Dancer, Karen, and I watched the race. Then I jumped on Dancer and we continued with the suppling exercises. It's nice to be on my boy again.

No comments: