Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorable Day




Sunday Montana and I went to our first show of the season. It was a combined training schooling show. We rode our Intro Test A in dressage and did the Intro crossrails jumping course. The weather was perfect! Because I was a late entry, we were the LAST ride of the day! We also were told once we were in the warmup before dressage that we wouldn't be placed because our bit was not legal. I thought that the Intro divisions allowed any bit, but apparently not here. So, I chose to show and get scored, but didn't get counted in the standings. I was just happy to get out there. Montana was wonderful as usual. She attracted her usual fan club. We scored a 69.5 for our test. We had 7's for every movement except for the last halt, a 6 because we cut the turn a little short. The collective marks were all 7's and she complimented Montana on how wonderful she was and also, my God I can't believe it, my position. I was impressed with her because our circles were actually circles and because we were the last ride, all the other horses had left the ring and she was suddenly by herself. She didn't care, and she stayed attentive to me the whole time. In the stadium round she had a lot of fun. She didn't look at anything-just went over and on to the next. We finished full of confidence, which I had been lacking since "the fall".




Lori was there with us all day helping me and taking pictures. I don't know what I'd do without her! Especially when Montana decided that she liked Buckeye Horse Park so much she didn't want to leave. With the help of Lori and a nice couple who offered to help, we finally convinced her to go home!




All in all a good day.

4 comments:

Brit said...

Hi! I love you! :) And your horses, too! ;)

Brit said...

Hi, um yea I totally agree about Gramma's writing. I told Mom (Cookie) the other day when I was reading their blog to her in the kitchen that I totally thought she was writing so well. And then Mom thought that it possibly was George but I said that usually when Grampa writes, he usually says something about Gramma, therein calling her "Sylvia" and then you know it's him because why would she write in the 3rd person, ya know? Brittany is perplexed.

Love you :)

Anonymous said...

What bit where you using that they wouldn't allow?

MARGIE said...

Stacey, It was a Kimberwick.